Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmaka Preparations.

Camilla, Mum and Craig are coming over for Christmaka in New York. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to produce a white Christmas but I thought I could at least make the apartment as 'festive' as possible! In anticipation of this, before Caitlin left we painted a Christmas themed Oil Painting for my chimney. Well more Christmas coloured than Christmas themed. Its now hung and looks FANTASTIC!

Mum arrived last week and its been great to hang out with her. In typical mum style she is known by name at a number of Bars on the Lower East Side. She has also made friends with the composer who live in the apartment below mine, and has now had a piano lesson with him (first in 30 years!).

In preparation for Christmas we have hung the stockings on the chimney. And been shopping for the perfect Christmas decorations. In the Union Square Markets mum and I found two wreaths, One made from Rosemary and Thyme which smells incredible and is perfect in the kitchen, and another more traditional arrangement. (which you can see at the top of the photo) We added to that a Garland (a rope made from pine) made from Princess Pine, laurel, and White Pine to hang around the chimney. AND WA LA!!! I now have a very Christmasy Apartment!

Camilla and Craig arrive tonight, which is exciting. Tomorrow I'm dragging them to the markets to pick a Christmas tree and decorations! I can't wait for Christmas, I love this time of year! All my preparations are in place, now to sit back and enjoy.

I hope everyone has a MAGICAL CHRISTMAS and FUN FILLED NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ad,
Your Xmas sounds great, hope you enjoy it! I have Mum and Mill here (with their respective boyfriends), which is wonderful!
Lots of love to you, and Merry Christmas to you, Craig, Helen & Camilla.